Everyone loves to taste the chocolate cake due to its yummy flavor. Whenever you would like to try the chocolate cake recipe at your home then you can try it with the Swiss Meringue buttercream. This recipe will give you a moist, soft, fluffy and richly chocolaty cake for you. It will definitely become a favorite dessert item of all your family members when you make it at least once at your home. When it comes to the swiss meringue buttercream, it is light in sweetness as compared to the traditional American buttercream but it will give you the great shine on the top of the cake with the intense chocolaty flavor.
The following are all the necessary ingredients needed for your preparation of the chocolate cake with the Swiss meringue buttercream.
- Two large eggs in the room temperature
- ½ cup canola or you can also take extra light olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup or 190 g of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup hot or very warm water
- 1 tsp salt
Everyone is highly recommended taking all of these necessary ingredients in the exact measurements in order to make the delicious and tasty chocolate cake at home with the Swiss meringue buttercream.
Steps to prepare this chocolate cake:
First of all, you have to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put the butter on the two cake pans. You should apply the butter on the four sides of the baking pan and just line the parchment paper at the bottom.
- You have to take a larger sized mixing bowl and beat two eggs together using the electric mixer. Then, you have to add 1 cup sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup oil to mix with the eggs until they get smoother.
- Take another mixing bowl and add all other dry ingredients to mix well. Then, you have to add these dry ingredients to the previous wet ingredients and beat until getting smooth without the lumps.
- In the next step, you have to gradually add ¾ cup of hot water and stir it well to combine and get smooth.
- Then, you have to divide the batter evenly in two various cake pans which are all prepared already and bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Once the cake is baked and then you can remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then, you can remove the edges of a cake gently using the knife. Place the first layer of the cake and apply the Swiss meringue buttercream. Then, you have to place another layer of the cake on the top and again apply the buttercream to finish and taste the cake with your preferable designs on the top.